Wednesday, 6 May 2009

a meeting with the sunshine

Okay, it's 0133 over here and im awfully sleepy.. My eyes are dropping and it looks like a grand plan to update my blog. Had been skyping with someone who regarded himself as uncle prince (adversely affected by EU), n he was complaning that i had not been updating for some time. Did i? So if u hv noticed, 'pinkie's avenue' has been transformed into 'little pinkie princie' instead of 'auntie princess'..

But a bunch of thank you's to him for the company. Ended up giggling like tipsy and teasing each other. It is such a childish, silly, self-amusing thing to do that I can't help smiling now as I type this. N i guess he must be superbly tired n busy yawning the next morning. Wait, u must be wondering who uncle prince is. I shall tell u nx time.... :D

Well, almost everyone is enduring the cosiness of spring that is calling us the spend the day with. It's a real shame when im all stuck indoors when the glorious sun is shining outside and the others are playing ball games in the field, soaking up the sunshine. Thereby, i headed down to leamington spa over the weekend as planned..

We were so darn early, that we could happily kinder-beunoed our time away =P
THe 1st stop: The jephson garden (main attraction of leam)..
Let's set this as a benchmark for future Msia botanical gardens..
So pretty that you feel like just dancing in the open, then lying on the grass to take in the serene sight laid before you.
It was so utterly beautiful. As if out of Enid Blyton's storybook.

We had great fun frolicking in the sun, loads of camwhorage, laughing, and getting a tan of course. Albeit the slight disappointment of cancellation of canoeing due to weather, we were lucky that there was a canal festival that day. We shared and had a taste of toffees, truffles and fudges. Also, the 'must-try' ben's cookies xD

As for lunch, we opted for a classical English one since we missed the traditional English breakfast.
It was minted lamb, with Yorkshire pudding, carrots, and eemmm... potatoes..
(You wil get it right, my plate was left with potatoes in the end)
We also went to the 'Cow' which was strongly recommended by one of our friends, which sold a total of 100 kinds of milkshakes!! I shall tell you that UK milkshakes are more geared towards chocolate rather than fruit milkshakes. There was a potpourri of choc such as ferror rocher, kit-kat, aero, toblerone, cadbury etc etc. Then u shall mix ur choice of choc with candies including smarties, skittles or marshmallow etc.

THe 3 musketeers then went on a light shopping spree. Good way of digesting..

I was particularly attracted by this..
I realised I've been raving about the ambience and the food and completely missing something equally, or actually more so, important. I had great company for my little excursion of course. We talked about loads of things, everything. I enjoyed the conversation and the laughter. That's what made the entire trip such an enjoyable one.

That's it for the very delightful afternoon. Apologies for the long and boring post, i know gushings of how pretty the flowers are or how friendly the sunshine is for few consecutive posts doesnt appeal to mass audience.

Goodnite.

No comments: