To be very ashamed and truthful, today is the first time i really read through the whole article on the earthquake of Szechuan. Previously i just glanced through those dreadful pictures and sad headings. I don't know what brought me to read it today, my instinct, i guess.
I read bout little stories behind the scene. These little stories, though not as great as the 7.8 degree earthquake who stole more than 30000 lives of people, yet touching enough to touch the heart of millions or even billions of people in the globe. That's y i re-embark on my blogging to remind me of all these stories. There are still a lot a lot of kindness and care in the world, "人间有情", we said it in Chinese. I read bout a mother who was found dead in a kneeling position, and she was indeed sacrificing her life to save her 3-4 month old baby. She even left a message beside the baby who was covered with red quilt: "If you are alive, you must remember that mum loves you." But the baby wont understand how big was the mother's sacrifice until he grows up one day. Other than that, was little stories of a few couples. One of it was a bf who managed to send his last msg to his gf b4 the communication signal failed. He proposed to her and told her how much he loved her while he is able to do so in the eleventh hour. I couldnt imagine how sad will the gf feel. Another one was a faithful n caring bf who deeply and sincerely wished that his gf will be saved and alive. He wrote on the wishing wall: Please be strong, I will get to find u, I want you to be my prettiest bride, I lv u." Not forgetting another one is where a man who tied and carried his wife on his back on his motorcycle. They were not heading to their sweet home, but to the funeral. His wife passed away in the ordeal, and he wants to accompany her on her last road. All these, were so touching, and i nearly cried while i read these. I didnt expect to read such inspiring articles early in the morning, which start to affect my mood today.
080808, there was now a popular sms spreading like wildfire, saying that the date for the Beijing Olympic was a signal to all these tragedies. First the snowflakes, 25th of January, 2+5+1=8. Then the Tibet riots on 14th of Mac, which also produces a combination of 8. And thirdly, the most recent earthquake, 12th of May, and stil 2+5+1=8!! Whether it's a coincidence or otherwise, I hope that the Chinese can overcome and rebound. Everybody is very concerned about them, and they must be strong to continue their journeys. And a tribute to ALL the bravos who went to the scene to participate in the saving mission. They are very admiring.
Most importantly too, people must really try to save the earth from more disasters. It is evident that the climate is changing drastically, and more and more people are suffering. If resolutions are not taken to alleviate the whole conditions, it would worsen and there would be a heavy price to pay.
No comments:
Post a Comment