So it's my last 2 weeks here..
It's strange how I started out thinking that three months in Malaysia would be a long, long time. I remember my excitement as I prepared to come back. I had, in my mind, all these big grand plans to carry out: A huge catch-up on Malaysian food; meeting up with all my friends over and over again; activities that I missed out on in warwick - movie, karaoke, shopping, ice-skating; driving, swimming; spending time with my family; travelling; the list was endless!
But now, two weeks before heading back to the UK, I've belatedly realised that my big grand plans were just plans. Nice fluffly castles in the air that only serve to make me sigh and wish for a time-turner. I haven't eaten everything I wanted (honestly, the number of times I've eaten my tomyam, crab and roti canai is laughable); I haven't gone ice-skating; I've swam only a few times, I've only met up with most friends once (and up till now I haven't met some) and some days, my family doesn't get to see me because I leave for work early and come home late.
But of course, at least i ve done some other things:
1. Had a fabulous 21 year old celebration with all my friend and relatives. THere's when i saw some of my friends for only once. If werent for that, i guess i could not meet up with them until today.
Wrapped up with wishes, blessings, laughter, joy, gifts, reunion, jokes, warmth, sweetness.. N I guess some of u stil rmb how pinkie's daddy and pinkie gave their speeches.. :D
2. Internship has been such a good experience for me. I think my colleagues kind of spoiled me, we got along so well, and had lots of laughing time. We're expecting some more outings and meetings together again, aren't we?
3. Meet up with crystal who's leaving soon to the UK. Updates, pesters, sharing, playing around etc. Thx for spending time, my dear. Have a safe journey and all the best in ur studies =)
Two weeks to make up for everything. I'll do my best to turn those castles in the air into my summer holidays. Once these two weeks are up, it's back to the uk, back to studying and the land of sunless cold weather. The weather forecast over there has been recording the teen-temperatures again. I could foresee myself wrapped in layers and shivering in cold again..
But there's still this niggling feeling that I haven't done everything I wanted to do, and in a way, I'm not ready to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment